Customer service standards
We aim to provide a high level of service, and have a set of service standards that show our customers what level of service they can expect to receive.
When you telephone us, we aim to:
- Announce who we are by name.
- Answer your call in less than 20 seconds, or within 8 rings.
- Give you the choice to wait for an advisor to become free, if we are busy, or leave a message.
- Normally, you will only come through to an answer machine when we are closed.
- All messages left on our answer machines will be responded to within 1 working day, on the understanding that you leave your name and contact details.
- Answer at least 90% of all calls first time, and minimise the need to ring back.
- Ensure that someone will assist you if the member of staff you are trying to contact is not available.
- Try and resolve your query at first point of contact, but if we cannot we will direct you to the appropriate people.
When you write or e-mail us, we aim to:
- Acknowledge the receipt of your letter or e-mail where applicable, within a maximum of 5 working days.
- Where a more detailed response is required we will respond in full within a maximum of 10 working days.
- Keep you informed and let you know who is dealing with your request.
When you visit us, we aim to:
- Ensure our reception areas are clean, tidy and accessible to all customers.
- Try and arrange for a private interview room on request.
- Not keep you waiting for more than 10 minutes for someone to see you.
- See you on time, if you have an appointment.
- Provide free information in leaflets which are accurate and up to date.
When we visit you at your home, we aim to:
- Try and arrange an appointment at a mutually convenient time.
- Introduce ourselves and the purpose of the visit.
- Always provide identification, and leave your property clean and tidy.
Where we get something wrong, we aim to:
- Tell you and apologise.
- Publish information on our complaints policy.
- Listen to your complaint and attempt to rectify it, in a timely manner and at a local level.
- Use your feedback to identify root causes in order to continuously improve our service.
Equality & Diversity
- We will communicate with you in such a way that is most suitable to your needs.
- We will treat all customers fairly.
- We always welcome your views and comments about improving our service
Tell us what you think
If you have any comments about our customer service standards, whether you think we have done something particularly well, or, feel there is something we could improve upon, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us.
The next step
If you are not happy with our response to an issue you have raised or want advice about how to resolve an issue please call us.
However, if you are still dissatisfied, there is a formal complaints procedure.
For more information see Responding to Customer Complaints.