Give a compliment or share feedback

We endeavour to do the best for our customers and it is always nice to hear when we get things right. If you’ve received excellent service and would like to share your thoughts and ideas, please let us know by completing our feedback form.

Make a complaint

We always want to provide you with the best possible service, but there may be times when things go wrong, and you want to complain. When a customer complains we aim to treat the complaint seriously and investigate it fairly.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is when a customer is unhappy with our service and asks us to put it right. Examples of complaints are:

  • Lack of action in response to a request for service
  • Poor quality service
  • The behaviour of TCH staff or contractors working on behalf of TCH
  • Failure to follow an approved TCH policy or procedure

If you are unhappy with our service, please let us know and tell us how you think we can put things right.

What is not a complaint?

Complaints are issues with the services we provide. A problem we haven’t previously been made aware of is not considered a complaint. Example of issues we don’t treat as complaints are:

  • An initial request for service, such as the first request for a repair
  • An initial request for information or an explanation
  • A report of anti-social behaviour (ASB) as they are dealt under our separate ASB policy and procedure

How to make a complaint

Complaints can be made in the following ways:

  • Via our customer portal, MyHomeOnline 
  • Using our complaints form
  • Emailing
  • Via web chat found bottom right of our website
  • Calling our Customer Service team on 01892 501480
  • Writing to us at Town & Country Housing. Monson House, Monson Way, Tunbridge Wells Kent TN1 1LQ

Please let us know if you need help to make your complaint, or you can also contact the local Citizens Advice Bureau. To find your local Citizens Advice Bureau call 020 7833 2181 or visit citizens

What to expect if making a complaint

Stage 1: Your complaint will be allocated to a member of staff who will contact you within 2 working days to discuss your complaint and understand the problem.

We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days, but sometimes investigations can take longer. In this case we’ll let you know, keep you updated and agree a timescale for our response with you.

Stage 2: If you’re dissatisfied with our response at Stage 1, you can request that your complaint is moved to Stage 2. We’ll consider if it meets the criteria to be moved to Stage 2 which are:

  • The reasons for escalation relate to the original subject matter. If the reasons for the request are new unrelated issues, a new complaint will be recorded at Stage 1
  • It’s been submitted within the 10 day deadline. In exceptional circumstances, the Regional Operations Manager may agree escalation outside this timescale.

If your complaint isn’t escalated, we’ll write to you to tell you why. If it is, the case will be allocated to a Senior Manager to investigate, they will contact you within 2 working days.

We aim to resolve Stage 2 complaints within 10 working days, but sometimes complex investigations may take longer. In this case we’ll let you know, keep you updated and agree a timescale for our response with you.

What we ask of you

At each stage please tell us if you are unhappy with our response and want your complaint to be taken to the next stage. Please do this within 10 working days of receiving our last response. Please include any new information and tell us why you are dissatisfied. If we do not hear from you within 10 days your complaint will be closed.

Other options

You can request that your complaint is considered by a ‘designated person.’ Councillors and MPs are designated persons. Their role is to assist in resolving complaints.

Whilst you can refer your complaint to an MP or councillor at any stage of our complaints process, their role as a designated person would ‘switch on’ once our complaints process has been exhausted.

For councillor contact details please contact your local council and for MPs please contact the House of Commons Information office on 020 7219 4272 or visit

Housing Ombudsman Service

You can also contact the Ombudsman for their advice

The Ombudsman can give you advice at any stage of the complaints process but won’t decide about whether we’ve handled your complaint properly until you’ve fully completed our complaints process. At present you have to wait until 8 weeks after you’ve completed your landlord’s complaints process before you can refer you complaint to the Ombudsman for their decision.

Their contact details are:

Address: Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9GE

Telephone: 0300 111 3000



The Housing Ombudsman published a Complaint Handling Code in July 2020, setting out good practice that will allow landlords to respond to complaints effectively and fairly. Below is a link to our current self-assessment against the code. We are continually assessing our complaints process to make sure it’s clear, simple, and accessible and helps us to resolve complaints promptly, politely, and fairly. If you have any questions or comments about our complaints process, please let us know

Link to our self assessment