Frequently Asked QuestionsRight To Buy

Do I have a right to acquire my home?

By January 19, 2018 No Comments

Right to Acquire allows most housing association tenants to buy their home at a discount. You apply using the Right to Acquire application form. You can apply to buy your housing association home if you’ve had a public sector landlord for 3 years such as a housing association.

Eligible properties

Your property must either have been:

  • built or bought by a housing association after 31 March 1997 (and funded through a social housing grant provided by the Housing Corporation or local council)
  • transferred from a local council to a housing association after 31 March 1997

The home you want to buy must also be:

  • a self-contained property
  • your only or main home

If you think you qualify:

Before you apply you should work out how much it may cost you and whether you can afford it. You can get an idea of the value of your home by looking at the price of similar properties in your area on services like Rightmove and Zoopla. You may wish to speak to a financial advisor.

If you think you qualify and would like to proceed, please complete the form and post it back to Sales & Marketing Team, Town & Country Housing, Monson House, Monson Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1LQ.

Right to Acquire Application Form
Consent form
Insolvency Declaration
RTA Guide to tenants
RTA process