Exchanging your home

Couple moving boxesWhat is a mutual exchange?

A mutual exchange enables you to swap your home with another of our tenants or a tenant of another housing association or council, providing they have the right to mutual exchange and agree to swap homes with you.

Who can apply for an exchange?

We encourage our tenants who want to move to consider the optoin of exchanging their home especially if they are not high priority for a transfer on the housing waiting list.

You cannot carry out an exchange if you have a starter tenancy, an assured short hold tenancy or a licence. Please contact us if you are unsure about the type of tenancy you have.

Download this information as a pdf leaflet: Swap your home leaflet [pdf] 805KB

For more information

Contact us by email: mutual.exchanges@tchg.org.uk or call us on 01892 501628.