From the 1st August 2021 we are no longer able to provide you with home contents insurance. This cover has been available for all residents since August 2016.

We know this may come as disappointing news but due to the cost of premiums tripling since 2016 and the high level of claims made, the scheme no longer provides good value for money.

Do I need Home Contents Insurance?

If you don’t have your own separate home contents insurance, it is a good idea to take some out. It will cover your possessions against fire, flood, theft and other risks, such as accidental damage. If something happens to destroy or damage your possessions, it can be expensive to replace them. From 1st August 2021 Town & Country Housing insurance will only cover buildings – your contents will not be covered.

We strongly advise that you review your own insurance needs and decide what level of cover you require for your home contents.

If you need advice about home contents insurance, Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited, offer specialist Tenants Contents Insurance*. This offer is available to all Town & Country Housing residents and leaseholders.

If you would like more information on this insurance, or an application pack, please visit to request a call back or call 0345 450 7288 to apply for cover over the phone.

Alternatively, many other providers are available and sites like the can be useful for finding good deals.