Frequently Asked QuestionsPets & Pet Policies

I have a pet so what are my responsibilities?

By November 15, 2017 No Comments

You must not allow your pets to roam freely in the internal communal areas of the property. If you have a dog you must ensure that if it does foul a common area that you ensure that you clean up any mess your dog has made.

Ensure that your pet does not cause noise or nuisance to your neighbours.

You must look after the welfare needs of your pets, the accommodation you provide for your pet must be secure and suit the pets size/type and breed. If we believe that a pet kept at your property has been neglected or abandoned, we will report the case to an appropriate animal welfare organisation.

You are responsible for keeping all areas of the property clean and free from parasites, such as fleas.

The breeding of animals is not permitted in your home.

If you have a pet you must complete a pet contract and if you wish to get another pet you must apply for permission in writing to Town & Country Housing.

If any of the obligations we may withdraw permission to keep the pet and you will be asked to find alternative accommodation for the pet. If the pet is not re-homed, the terms of the tenancy agreement will have been broken.