If you decide to leave your property there are a few simple things that you need to remember so that you don’t incur any extra costs.
- Give us four weeks written notice as specified within your tenancy agreement using a termination form.
– Termination notices must be received by a Monday.
– Your tenancy will terminate on a Sunday four weeks after notice has been received.
– Termination forms can be requested by calling 01892 501480 or e-mailing email@example.com
– The termination form will be sent to you by email for you to complete online. The form can be completed on a mobile, tablet or computer. Please let us know if you are unable to receive the form by email.
- Continue paying your rent and bills up until your termination date as detailed within your acknowledgement letter.
- Provide access for an internal inspection of your property before you move out to assess the condition of the property and we will advise you of any action that you need to take before the end of your tenancy that you would otherwise be charged for when you leave.
- Arrange to clear any rent arrears (and other debts) before moving out of your property.
- Ensure all actions and repairs that are your responsibility are completed before you leave the property*.
- Leave the property clean and clear of all furniture, personal belongings and rubbish. You may be asked to remove carpets if the Housing Manager feels that they are not suitable for the next tenant. Failure to clear the property will result in clearance costs that you will be charged for. This includes the loft, sheds and any other outbuildings.
If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit this will stop from the date you vacate the property. If you vacate the property before the agreed tenancy end date you will be liable to pay the full rent charged for the remainder of your tenancy.
How do I return the keys?
Return all the keys and fobs in person or by recorded delivery by no later than midday on the Monday following the end of your tenancy
Housing Options, Town & Country Housing Group Monson House, Monson Way,
Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1LQ, or
East Kent Office:
Unit 4B, Denne Hill Business Centre, Denne Hill, Womanswold, Canterbury, Kent, CT4 6HD
If all property keys and fobs are not returned by the required date and time you will be charged rent until the Monday following their return. You will be charged for any keys that are not returned.