When you telephone us, we aim to:
- Announce who we are by name.
- Ensure that someone will assist you if the member of staff you are trying to contact is not available.
- Try and resolve your query at first point of contact, but if we cannot we will direct you to the appropriate people.
For letters and e-mails, we aim to:
- Acknowledge the receipt of your letter or e-mail where applicable, within a maximum of 2 working days.
- Where a more detailed response is required we will respond in full within a maximum of 10 working days.
- Keep you informed and let you know who is dealing with your request.
When you visit us, we aim to:
- Ensure our reception areas are clean, tidy and accessible to all customers.
- Try and arrange for a private interview room on request.
- See you on time, if you have an appointment.
- Provide free information in leaflets which are up to date.
Visit you at your home, we aim to:
- Arrange an appointment at a mutually convenient time.
- Introduce ourselves and the purpose of the visit.
- Always provide identification, and leave your property clean and tidy.
Where we get it wrong, we aim to:
- Tell you and apologise.
- Publish information on our complaints process.
- Listen to your complaint, attempt to rectify it in a timely manner, and at a local level.
- Use your feedback to identify root causes to continuously improve our service.
Equality & Diversity, we aim to:
- We will communicate with you in such a way that is most suitable to your needs.
- We will treat all customers fairly.
- We always welcome your views and comments about improving our service.
We are committed to raising the profile and maximising opportunities for all members of the community and we recognise the need to provide support to minority groups.
We have adopted a set of principles within our Equality and Diversity Policy which support this commitment. The Equality and Diversity Policy is also on our website.
Our staff and governing body
We are committed to having a workforce and governing body that reflects the communities in which we operate. We will embrace diversity, which is acknowledging and appreciating the ways in which people differ, and using these differences to enhance creativity, innovation and improved working practices.
All staff and Board members receive training in equality and diversity issues. All staff and Board members are required to support and work within our Equality and Diversity policy.
Working with contractors and suppliers
We expect those with whom we work to respect tenants and to support and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity.
What if further action is needed?
If you feel that you have not been treated fairly or equally then we would like to hear from you. Where appropriate you will be advised of our Complaints Procedure.