Inspiration for this month’s recipe has come from the Bosh cookbook. This homemade tomato sauce is a great go-to recipe for when you haven’t got time to be messing around in the kitchen but you fancy something healthy and tasty. If you have picky eaters, try blitzing it all together once cooked for a smoother-style sauce.
Total cost of meal between £4-5.
- Around 300g cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized onions roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic fine chopped or crushed
- 6 sun-dried tomoatoes chopped
- 8 tbsp of oil (preferably from the sun-dried tomatoes)
- 350g passata
- 300g pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 pepper
- handful of spinach
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and any optional veg and place in a large oven-proof dish.
- Add the passata, oil and season to taste.
- Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven, remove tin foil and stir. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- While your sauce is finishing off, cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Remove sauce from the oven and stir in the pasta and serve.
For added flavour try adding a handful of chopped-up olives.