Anti-social behaviour or ASB can take many forms and has a negative effect on the quality of life for individuals and the community.
This can be anything from low-level nuisance to serious criminal behaviour and include things like:
- Noise nuisance, such as loud parties, loud TVs and radios
- Verbal abuse (shouting, arguing and swearing)
- Environmental issues, such as overfilling bins, dumping rubbish illegally, abandoned vehicles, damaging property and graffiti
- Drugs and alcohol related behaviour
- Intimidation and harassment such as threatening behaviour, verbal abuse
- Violent or physical attacks
- ‘Hate’ behaviour, directed against members of particular groups because of differences (for example, race or religion).