Direct Debit is by the far the easiest, most convenient and effective way for you to pay your rent. If your tenancy started after the 1st April 2017 you will have been required to pay by Direct Debit as part of your tenancy. Everyone else will be asked to move from existing methods of payment to direct debit.
What are the advantages of direct debit?
- It’s easy to set up, simply call one of our advisors and they can arrange for you.
- Payments are automatically taken from your account on the date and frequency that you’ve agreed.
- We will always give you advance notice if the date or amount changes.
- You are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee. If an error is made a full refund is paid by us or your bank or building society.
- You have the right to cancel at any time. If you do so, please let us know so that we can assist you with an alternative payment method.
- No more worries about forgetting to pay your rent on time.
- You’ll find it easier to stay on top of your rent, helping you budget and plan your finances.
- Details of payments made to us will show on your bank or building society statement. We will also send you a regular statement of account at least every quarter to help you check your rent account balance.
What control do I have?
You are always in control. We tell you initially of the amounts and payment dates giving at least twelve working days notice required by the Direct Debit scheme. The same applies to any changes that may be made.